The hard part is over and you have a brand-new tattoo. Now do you know what to do to keep both the tattoo and your skin in perfect condition?
If you take our recommendations into account since you left the study, you will preserve the health of your skin and also maximize the colors of your tattoo.
Here are the most basic tips:
- Do not remove the bandage until at least 3 hours have passed. You can leave it all night, but it’s not convenient for it to be more than 12 hours.
- Remove the film and washes the area with warm water and some neutral soap (glycerin soap, intimate soap...). You don’t have to cover it with plastic film anymore.
- Dry the skin with small touches, using tissue or paper napkins, never a towel or cloth.
- Cover the tattoo with ointment for tattooed skin care (you can find good options here) and spread it very well, so that there is a very thin layer of cream.
- Repeat the cleansing three times a day and continue applying the ointment until your skin is completely muted; it usually takes one or two weeks.
- You may notice the dry tattooed skin when the skin is moving. In this case you apply the ointment more often.
- Once your tattoo is completely healed, apply a normal moisturizer every day, until you notice that the skin has returned to its normal state. Be patient because this process can last up to two months.